Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests stashing and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server run by a web hosting provider. There are different forms of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's explore them. Thus, you can pick what you need, depending on whether you desire to have a weblog, e-mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given hosts, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free file hosting solutions are often supported by exhibiting ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation in regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly mistaken explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would distribute the workload between separate stacks of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a brand of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain providers provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you desire to share a large amount of images with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to handling your e-mails. Some suppliers offer web site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred visitors, you may have a hard time with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to possess as many video clips as you wish without worrying about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to have a site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Duo Servers, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one place. There may be limitations depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting account may be better or worse compared with the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific web content solely.